Monday, July 6, 2009

Here we go again...

Yep, that's right. Another catch up post. I am really a slacker here lately! I guess that's what happens when you get older! Today is my, ahem... 34th birthday. Sigh. (LoL) Its also my sister-in-law's, & my two cousins' birthday, too! So, if you all are reading this post... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

So, back to the catching up. We've been having fun around here! We're trying to get things ready for our fish tank, so that we can get it set up vs. sitting in the garage. I still need to get some stone for it (about 90lbs. more) & get the filter situation figured out. So, maybe by... Christmas we'll have fish in it (LoL)! Believe it or not, the MUCH smaller tank we have, we actually have 3 of the little glow fish that have lasted nearly 2 months, which is a record around here ;0)

The girls are very normal! Fighting like most sisters do... so nice (in its own way) to have such normalcy around here!

Of course, we had quite the weekend with celebrating the holiday, & the multi-faceted birthday party! On Friday, we went down to our church for the annual 4th of July celebration. They've been having a little festival of sorts for the last 10 years or so. It started as just a church function, but has blossomed into a full blown carnival. They have free hot dogs, hamburgers & chips. They also have funnel cakes, cotton candy... all the typical carnival stuff. Usually there's a show in the sanctuary for the kids, then its on to the fireworks! They are some of the best in our area. Here's some pictures ...



Poor Vaeh... screamed after the first one went off & Jon had to take her inside. It was kind of cloudy, so the noise level was a little higher. All in all, they girls had a wonderful time! Then on the 4th, it was a surprise birthday for one of my birthday-sharing cousins. We had a nice time just chatting with family.

Today I plan on catching up on things around the house. What a way to spend my birthday, huh?! Hope everyone else is enjoying their summer!

8 comments:

my life: said...

Happy, happy birthday!!!!!
Those fireworks look amazing....we want to come there next year. ;0)

mina said...

Great pics (and video)! Sorry that Vaeh didn't like them much this year, maybe she'll do better next year.

And I hope you had a great birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Tina!

Arianna was the same way. Poor girls. I wish we could see fireworks like that in Arizona.

The Portas said...

Wow, great fireworks pics and video!! And happy birthday to you! I know so many people with July birthdays. My mom, dad and I were all born in July, and a handful of friends and a niece and an uncle and a grandpa.. phew! Anyway, I hope you had a great day!

Thanks for the update! xo

The Domanicos said...

Happy birthday to you! Happy to see you all had a great weekend and that Vaeh is still doing so good. Good luck with that fish tank!

Unknown said...

Great video, looks like everyone had a great time. Sorry Vaeh could not enjoy them, Logan was the same way maybe next year.


Hope you had a great Birthday Tina.

Mami Adame said...

I think you and I are always playing catch up on our posts ;0)Hope you had a lovely Birthday! I actually updated our blog too :) Glad you are all doing well!

jencooper said...

Happy (late) birthday! I am so happy to know that I am not the only one playing catch up! I have been so behind too!

I am so glad to read that things are going well. Isn't normal awesome?

<3,
Jennifer