Sunday, January 11, 2009

Here we go...

Well, tomorrow begins a week that I'm dreading. Vaeh has angioplasty on Thursday. She's been through this so much that it should be a snap to get through one of these. Realistically the cath or CT scan doesn'tbother me. Its the thought of putting her under anesthesia & intubating her again. I know she won't wake up on a vent, but I'm just not looking forward to the whole scenario.

Not to mention the fact that we have to return to a hospital that I don't really trust. This will be the third time she's been there & the two previous times before, something has gone wrong. The first stay, they dried her out because she got back from the cath lab so late they didn't have any way to get her formula ready. Then the next day while performing a scan they pulled her mic-key button out. The second visit the radiology tech & I about went rounds - meaning that had I not used every ounce of self control she would have ended up looking at the ceiling! I'm praying that this time everything goes smoothly & we get out of there without any problems.

Although tomorrow isn't such a big deal (Vaeh has her routine date with Dr. Butto!) it is the start of our crazy week, & I'm not quite back to 100% - lifting her is going to be quite a task! All this, & we just finished a crazy weekend with my cousin getting married - & both girls were in the ceremony! I'll try to get pictures of them up soon! Too precious!

Hope everyone had a great weekend & all are doing well. I'll try to keep everyone updated about Vaeh's CT scan & angio later in the week. Please send up an extra prayer or two for us this week - we really appreciate them!

7 comments:

mina said...

Sending lots of positive vibes your way.....

my life: said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Unknown said...

She is pro by now. I'll keep her in my prayers. I know the anesthesia and intubating always freaks me out no matter what the procedure.

The Portas said...

We will say prayers for your week! Hopefully the hospital staff has everything in order this time. Third time's a charm, right? Everything will go well. I know what you mean about anesthesia/intubation, though..the thought of Elijah having to go through that again always makes me uneasy, too. Soon your crazy week will be done! I can't believe jsm-packed, crazy your month has already been! Like I said before...go in like a lion and out like a lamb. oxoxox

Anonymous said...

I came across your site when Nevaeh's name caught my eye from a link. We too have a Nevaeh that was born on Valentines Day. She too was born with heart problems, hypoplastic left heart syndrome. She has had two open heart surgeries with more to come, if God doesn't perform the "big" miracle. I just wanted to say "hi" from another Nevaeh heart family...small world :)
www.caringbridge.oorg/visit/nevaehw

Anonymous said...

opps..www.caringbridge.org/visit/nevaehw

Kathy said...

Oh...I do hope Monday went good for you ALL!

I'm waiting for an update Tina..geez...it's not like you have anything to do??

Seriously...I hope Vaeh's procedure went off great and you're feeling better.

love,
kathy