Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Having fun!

We've had some pretty fun stuff going on around here. As you saw in my last post, we painted the living room last week - what fun for Momma & Daddy (lol)! The girls really enjoyed having Daddy home & getting in some time with him. I know as much as we miss him being here, he misses being here with us. Hopefully soon he'll be able to find something more conducive to being home more frequently!

To top off our 'vacation', we headed over to Grandma & Grandpa Lively's to go swimming! Gabby has really taken to the water, but this was the real first opportunity to get Vaeh in the water. She LOVED it! We had a little floaty seat for her & she just layed back & hung out in the water like that was where she belonged. We all had a really good time. It was nice to do things as an entire family, outside of the hospital!!


Let's go over there, Mom-mom!


Is it safe?


I'm ready to go diving!


Sissy, why you flyin' through the air?!

So, the other big thing that happened this weekend is that - drumroll, please - Miss V crawled!! It wasn't the prettiest thing in the world, but she was up on all 4's moving across the floor. And, Daddy was here to see it! She looked very similar to Mowgli in "The Jungle Book" when he marches with the elephants (hands & feet on the floor with her bum up in the air). It was absolutely precious. I have Gabby's first steps on video, & Vaeh's first crawling experience on video!




PS - Please keep our little heart friend Kaitlyn in your prayers. She had another open heart procedure today.

Also, I started a blog for Miss Gabby - "Mommy, do you have a blog for me?" How can any mommy resist a question like that?! So if you get a moment, just click on her picture in the right hand column & it will link you to Gabby's blog! Hope everyone has a great week!

9 comments:

my life: said...

What a big girl!!!!! She is soooo sweet....her little voice sounds so small....I love it!

I was thinking about her today...as I was cleaning, I was thinking of what a miracle she is!

Krista said...

What a great video...she's trying so hard...what an amazing spirit! And how awesome that daddy was home!
The house looks great...very very warm and homey!

Unknown said...

Yeah for Veah :)
What progress, it is a start. I wish Logan would do that but we are not even close. I wanted to say I like the colors you picked out to paint the inside of your home. I have been wanting to do that for my family area but do not have the time. I am so glad your hubby was home this weekend. Mine was also it is just so hard having a Husband as a Truck Driver, I feel for you. Take care and I will chat with you later. Karen

Pam said...

Ya, so my living room, kitchen, hallway, and sitting room need to be painted.....wanna come do it? ;)

What beautiful pictures and WAY TO GO VEAH!!!! Awesome that she is crawling!!

We really need to meet soon!!

((HUGS!!))

The Portas said...

The pool pics are just too cute. And YAAYY on the crawling! What a big girl!

I'm so glad you guys got some fun family time together. Isn't that sooo nice?? Those are the times your girls will remember forever.

Keep it up with the crawling, pretty girl! You're doing so great!

xoxoxo

mina said...

How precious! She looks so determined!

Kathy said...

Look at her...she'll be running around soon!!

Ok...what's she satting at when she's off the O2?? I thought we had a talk with her and this would only be temporary??

Your house looks great...
and HOW wonderful that you were able to spend time with your husband....I'm dreaming of that day!

Thanks for sharing the pics!!!
Now...you'll have to go swimming more often...HURRY..it's going to get cold there soon!!!

love,
kathy

Megan said...

I love the picture of V in goggles..so precious! Yay for crawling..she's getting so big & brave now!!

Unknown said...

Look at her! She is getting so big!