Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Fun at the Fair!

Look at the bunnies!



Giddy up, horsey!




Sissy on the ponies, too!



We took the kids to the fair yesterday! My Great Aunt is back visiting from California & brought a couple of her grandkids along. So my Mom, my Great Aunt & myself took 7 kids out to the county fair. The fairgrounds are literally around the corner & down the road a ways from our house. So we loaded everyone up & went over for the experience. With 7 kids in tow it was quite the experience!


Vaeh was able to see her first animals other than Sasha, the family cat! We got her close enough to pet a bunny, & we even saw a piglet that was so tiny! Some of the kids got to feed the piglet a bottle! They had camels for the circus that were out, & of course all of the animals that kids in 4-H show as exhibits. Then it was off to the rides.


The older girls went on some of the bigger rides, like things that go up side down & tilt & spin... not my cup of tea! Then we had to ride the ponies! Gabby has always loved them, but this year with Vaeh actually able to get out I figured we'd give it a shot. I've been thinking about getting her into an equestrian therapy program here locally, but she isn't old enough, so this was sort of a trial run! She had a look of uncertainty at first, but once they started moving she seemed to enjoy herself quite a bit! That little squeel & laugh all in one! I just love it! All of the kids had a great time playing & running around! It was another more "normal" moment in our lives!


On another side note, our little friend Elaina is looking at going HOME this week, possibly on Thursday! So please say a quick little prayer that all continues to go well for this sweet little girl! We also have a new little heart friend, Brody, that just had surgery today & so far is doing well! Please keep him & his family in your prayers!

8 comments:

my life: said...

How fun is that???? She looks so happy!!! :^)

Mami Adame said...

Isn't it lovely to see them enjoy their "firsts"? Love the pictures! Angelina got to enjoy her first pony ride yesterday too!

The Portas said...

Thank God for more normalcy for you all. The fair looks like it was great fun! I loove the pic of Vaeh on the pony!! So cute!

xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Yeah for normal moments!!! Looks like you all had fun. We have a lady that brings ponies to the children's clinic where we go to and Arianna has rode them twice and loved them. I wanted to get her in a program as well but still too young. I will definintly be looking into that when she gets older. Thanks for sharing!

Colin's Blog said...

So nice to hear that Nevaeh was able to get out to the fair and have some fun. It's nice to get to be able to do "normal" things right??

Melanie & Colin

my life: said...

Thank you for your sweetest comment on my recent post! I know this is nothing new to heart parents...and so many of you have gone through this numerous times...I can't imagine! Anyway, thank you....

mina said...

Loooks like the girls had a blasty. It must be awesome just to be able to get out and enjoy seeing the animals. Hping for many more cool outings!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tip on the shoes. I'll have to find a store and go get some shoes this weekend.