Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Better nights!

Nevaeh had a much better night last night. She has been needing the oxygen again at night when she falls into a deep sleep. Her sats are supposed to stay between 70 to 90% (since the VSD is still open she is allowed to be so low). She hadn't needed the oxygen since about two weeks after the first angioplasty back in November. It was so nice to see her without all of the tubes connected to her! About three weeks ago, she had a fairly nasty cough. We went to the pediatrician, and had a chest x-ray just to be sure. Despite the x-ray being clear, she's continued with this cough since. She's also had a runny nose, which could be the cutting teeth thing! About a week and a half ago she started looking pretty dusky again. When we checked her sats, sure enough - dropping into the 60's. We've been using it fairly consistently since then, at times up to 1.5 lpm. With the pending angioplasty it hasn't been suprising that she's needed it.
Last night, though she was getting too high. She was in the low 90's at one point, and she's not supposed to be that high if she has the oxygen on. So I turned it off about 3:30 AM. I got up about 7:45 (taking advantage of sleeping in for a change!). She was holding her own in the mid 80's on room air! Hopefully we stay off it for a while. The less tubes the better!

3 comments:

mina said...

Hi, what a cutie! I have loved blogger, it's a great forum to keep family and friends updated with what's going on. And we'll get to see more cute pics of Nevaeh! I hope you keep it updated with her upcoming cath, I'll be checking back for updates. Feel free to add our blog as a link if you like, and I'd love to add yours to my list of CHD bloggers, if that's OK. You can email me if you like.
http://khanfamilyoffive.blogspot.com

Carley Rousse said...

Hi Tina! Nevaeh is adorable. I also have a blogger site it's theroussefamily.blogspot.com!
Carley

Unknown said...

I'm glad Vaeh has been holding her sats during the day. It's so hard keeping these little ones with cannulas on their faces. Keep up the good work Vaeh! Hope your speech therapy went well. We decided to find a different therapist...just didn't feel comfortable with the one they found for us. Well I'm sure I'll talk to you soon.

Take Care!