Friday, March 18, 2011

We are scheduled...

I feel so out of practice. Vaeh's cardiologist's office called yesterday when I wasn't at home, so I called back to schedule today. I had been praying that we would be able to do this cath at the hospital Dr. Butto is based at, but I found out today that it has to be at another hospital, across town, which we have had some trouble with how they've treated Vaeh in the past.
She is scheduled for noon on Thursday, April 21st. We're not sure yet when she will have to go in for her pre-op testing, possibly the Wednesday before. But knowing that she is the afternoon case, I'm hoping that we will be able to do it the same day... but I'm not holding my breath:0/
I've had a flood of emotions already with this one & its only been scheduled for a few hours. I think knowing that he may balloon her pulmonary arteries has me a bit more on edge... its always such a difficult process for him to get access to her PA's (thanks to that lovely octopus in her chest that's comprised of her PA's). The last time she had ballooning, it was a marathon 4 hour cath... ugh.
It does work out that Gabie will be out of school those days for spring break, so that at least takes one thing off the "to do" list. I just don't like having to explain this to my 4 year old... she's getting to big & understands now. Let the fun begin :0/

1 comment:

The Portas said...

TOTALLY understand your emotions/feelings about this. This is what I was going through last month. It's not fun, it's terrifying for so many reasons. Please call or email if you ever want to chat! Hang in there mama. You'll all get through this.
Megan 952-484-4921 mmporta at gmail dot com