Thursday, September 16, 2010

Geesh

Yep, its official. I am a MAJOR slacker! I know, I know... there's no excuse, sorry :0). I guess I've just been in a funk when it comes to blogging. Its the only explanation I can offer. I have been checking in on all of you, I promise! I just haven't been in a commenting mood. There's been some 'behind the scenes' stuff going on here (that I won't bore you all with) & I'm trying not to focus on that! On to the good stuff! When it comes to the girls, everything has been wonderful!

We've actually had a fairly busy summer. We got to spend quite a few afternoons in the swimming pool! Gabie loved swimming last summer, but Miss Vaeh really didn't get much of a chance as she would turn blue rather quickly. This summer she tolerated the water so much better... and it turns out, she's quite a fish! My in-laws have an above ground pool, so we used it quite a bit. Gabie is now tall enough to touch on her 'tippy-toes' so she was all about "swimming on her own!" Miss Vaeh wanted in the water just as much as her big sister. So with a floaty suit (has a built in flotation in it) & arm floaties, she went for broke! She was all over the pool & even falling off of rafts that were floating. Getting her head wet - all the way under! I am such a proud Momma!

Vaeh did go back to see Dr. Butto at the end of June & had a spectacular appointment! She has grown a whole inch & gained 2lbs in 4 months! So funny to see such a weight gain when it wasn't that long ago that we were worried she wouldn't gain any! She's quite a tall, muscular girl! Her echo was great! It showed that her pressures were down from (@last visit in Feb.) 55-60 to 45-50. So, based on those numbers dropping... we're weaning her OFF the revatio!! I was absolutely floored! I had really prepared myself that she was going to be on that for quite some time. Not the first time my Momma gut failed me - keep reading;0)

We asked about putting her in dance & if there were any restrictions we should let the dance instructor know about. I have to admit that my brain still hasn't really comprehended what he said, but "tell them to treat her like a normal kid with a normal heart!" I was almost knocked off my rocker, so to speak. I think it really caught me off guard because a huge theme with kids with CHD's is that they have such restrictions, & for her cardiologist to use the term "normal" with regard to my daughter... lets just say I never thought he would use those two in the same sentence! He has told us in the past (right after she was born prior to her first OHS) that she will have restrictions when she is older, but for now "normal" is what we're taking!

This appointment Daddy was able to go since he was on vacation. Right before we left, he asked Dr. Butto if we were looking at a heart cath any time in the near future (my Momma gut had been telling me that a cath may be coming soon). The good doctor told us, basically "if its not broke, don't fix it"! Again, the 'Momma gut' was wrong... much to my delight! So, nothing big is in site for Miss Vaeh for quite some time! We do have to go back to see him in November to see how her pressures are doing with the lowered dose of revatio & hopefully we can drop it again! I don't know what I'll do if we get to the point of NO meds... I'll be lost! LoL :0)


Now fast forward to the first week of September... BOTH my girls are in school! Miss Gabie started first grade in a brand new building this year, & Miss Vaeh is back at her pre-school, actually in a classroom spot. So instead of going only one day a week, she goes 4 days a week & sees her PT one day! So I actually get regular time alone... all to myself! I'm not sure what to do with myself yet:0)


They also both started dance this week! Gabie is so glad to be back in lessons & I think would perform a recital tomorrow if I'd let her:0) Miss Vaeh is in love with dance! She loved her first class & is such a performer! I think Miss Renee (their teacher) is going to have her hands full!

So there's the "catch up" post! I know it was kinda all over the place, & WAY over due. I am going to force myself to get out of this funk & make an attempt at posting on a more regular basis! Please don't hold it against me if I don't, though;0) I promise to try to post some photos of all this craziness that's been keeping me distracted from my blogging. Thanks for checking back... praying all of you are doing well! I promise more to come... soon:0)

4 comments:

mina said...

Great news about Vaeh, yay! That's the kind of instinct you must be happy to be wrong about!

Glad you finally got to update the blog too, but where are the pics? ;)

Wendy said...

Hi Tina!

So glad to read an update! And so happy to hear that Miss Vaeh's heart is doing so well!!! What a relief!!!

I don't post as much as I'd like to...but I've been checking in to see if there's been any news. And speaking of news -- isn't today Vaeh's birthday??!!!

HAPPY 4th BIRTHDAY, VAEH!!! We hope you have a fun day celebrating and that you eat lots of cake and ice cream!!! :)

Lots of Love, Prayers, and Birthday Wishes,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)

Unknown said...

Tina you are such a slacker when it comes to blogging :) It is good to see a great post. I am so glad to hear everything is going great. I am in the same boat as you haveing 2 1/2 hours of free time while Logan is in Pre-k I have no idea what to do with my self. Oh except clean the house boring...

I hope Vaeh had a great 4th Birthday.

The Portas said...

Oh my goodness, I cannot believe how well your little Vaeh is doing. This is amazing and wonderful! I loved reading through this post. Fun summer stuff, swimming and good weight gain and heart reports. AND Vaeh has no limitations in dance?! Wow!