Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Does it ever stop?!?!

So, this is what we woke up to this morning...




The street in front of our house.

A neighbor's truck sitting on the street (before the plow's).

Right in front of the garage, about 6" deep.

It drifted up to about 2ft. deep in places.

It started snowing yesterday afternoon around 3PM, & by 8PM they were already delaying school! So, of course all the kids are having a ball with a snow day today. I went out & cleared off the driveway with the snow blower & still couldn't get all of it because I ran out of gas! Don't think I'll be running out to get any anytime soon!
On another note, Vaeh's stoma is COMPLETELY CLOSED!!! The nurse from the surgeon's office called the Tuesday after they took it out & said to watch for a possible "leak" but she still hasn't had ANY drainage from it!! I can't believe what a good healer Vaeh is:0) Sorry, but I can't seem to get a good close up picture of it... I need to get the ole manual out for the camera & read up! Maybe once I'm done cleaning for the birthday party this weekend... (Gabby will be 5!!!)
On another note, please keep Gracie & her family in your prayers. Michael & Amber took her for a third opinion & now have a scheduled surgery date - March 12th. I'm sure they'd appreciate any prayers you can offer!

9 comments:

my life: said...

Looks familiar!!! (unfortunately) I had to get out in this today...orientation for my new job.

Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts and words and gifts and...and...and... :0)

jencooper said...

I have never seen that much snow in my whole life!! Wow! I wouldn't know how to react!

So glad that Vaeh is all healed up!

<3,
Jennifer

Tina:0) said...

They said in the news that we (Wapakoneta) got 9"!! I believe it!!

mina said...

What street??????? All I see is snow!

Yay on Vaeh's stoma closing!

Tina:0) said...

Oops, correction... that's 10 inches!

Kathy said...

I'll put some sunshine in a box and send it your way!

that snow is insane...

Unknown said...

Holy cow that is alot of snow!! Never seen that much in my entire life.

I'm so glad her stoma is closing up so well.

The Portas said...

Wasn't that you who was doing snow dances a few months ago? :) Well your snow prayers were answered! It has been quite the winter....I feel like it should be April with all the cold and snow we've already had. I guess spring will be that much sweeter, right?

I'm so happy to hear Vaeh is healing up so nicely. YAY! This must be such a relief for you guys after the very busy and stressful start to your year. You deserve a little break!

Stay warm! xooxxx

Unknown said...

Wow, Please send some cool air our way. I am so sorry you guys have so much snow hopefully it will melt soon. It has been in the mid 60's here in Vegas...

Take Care and try and stay Warm!!