Monday, May 19, 2008

Still hanging out in the PCTU

















Vaeh continues to do well today. She sat up in her bed this morning for nearly 3 hours! Little stinker didn't want to lay back. If we had to put her back for something, she instantly started trying to pull herself up to sitting! They did stop her morphine earlier this morning, & just stopped her ativan drip! Last time she was on ativan when she came home for 3 months post-op. She is moving through this one so fast that I don't know what to do!! This is all new territory for us, but I love this territory. I think we'll move here permanently!

They did an echo this afternoon to check the RV (right ventricular) pressure. I haven't heard the final word, but the feeling I've gotten all along is that it has been much better than they thought it would. The cardiologist has to take a look at it & then they'll let me know about it. I have a really good feeling, though, so I'm not worried. They also started her bolus feeds again today - and she's tolerating them well so far. I spoke with the dietitian earlier, and the plan is to increase her calories & decrease the total volume. So basically it will equal out & she'll be on something other than baby formula! Once we're home, she'll need less total volume in her bolus feeds but still be getting the same total calories that she does now!

The plan is for today we hang out in the PTCU (peds cardio-thoracic unit). The chest tubes will probably come out tomorrow as she still had a little drainage yesterday. Her lasix was changed to oral from IV, & they restarted her prevacid. Depending on the echo, she may not need digoxin anymore according to the cardiologist. I can't believe she'll be down to possibly TWO oral meds! I never thought we'd get there when she was on 14 different meds! I tell you, these little kiddos are amazing!

I am just in awe of the way that God's plan comes together. With her other two surgeries we knew he was in control, but with all of the complications... But this trip is a great addition to the testimony that Nevaeh will have to tell some day, as well as to Jon & I's! Thanks again!

3 comments:

The Portas said...

Your little girl is AMAZING!! We are praying for continued awesomeness. Before you know it, you'll be home!

Kiss that sweetie for me. :)

xoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

That little stinker! I love the pictures. I can't believe she wanted to sit up with the chest tube still in. She's a champ!

Great news about the medication. I can't believe she was on 14 different meds before...she truely is a miracle child.

I'm so glad this has been a pleasent experience for you guys. I can't wait ot hear what great news you'll have tomorrow!

Love you guys!

Wendy said...

Hi Tina,

What great news about Vaeh! I'm so happy that things have gone so well this time around!

Her new pictures are adorable! It's great to see her sitting up...once Emma sat up she didn't want to lie down either....these little girls have their own agendas!! :)

I will be praying for continued healing for your precious girl. Give her a big heart hug from us!

Lots of Love,

Wendy (& Emma, too!)